Friday, December 15, 2006

Sure JC, tell me who she takes after....

Last Sunday I had to go to Church early so I could go into work afterward. JC took Katie to a later service. When I stopped at home after Church I was greeted outside by my husband who was complaining about how Katie was definitely his daughter - he couldn't get her to focus to get ready for Church. Her hair still needed to be brushed and her shoes needed to be found.

I went inside and called out her name and got back "Coming Mommy! We don't want to be running late!" Now having just heard JC's side of this story I really had to stop myself from laughing out loud. Obviously, she was going to try to peg him with the lack of readiness. I brushed her hair, found some shoes and left. (They did get to Church eventually.)

That night JC was going over getting her ready again (I think he was traumatized) and said "She gets that from your side." I said "Oh really? Want to hear what she said when I came in?" After I told him about her comment about not being late I said "Now you tell me what she gets from whom..." JC said it was a good thing he hadn't heard her comment. LOL. She's smarter than the average bear! LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is just funny! Though, I have seen your daughter when the TV is on... or there is a bright and shiny object... She definitely gets the lack of focus from JC! :)

Anonymous said...

Good time to start her out on the right foot! California Closets is the BOMB for those designer skips Mare.:)If the shoes have a home the feet can't be late.

Mary said...

Roddy, How did I know that you would find the shoe connection? LOL