Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Our fish tank looks like the 2nd Coming...

Meaning more than half of it has been wiped out. There seems to have been a feeding frenzy.Shark 2 Two fish out of five that were added to the tank on Sunday have turned out to be a little too aggressive. Like "let's eat all the other fish in the tank" aggressive. Currently the remaining goldfish has been removed from the tank for her own safety but I'm not sure she's still going to be around when I get home from work. Another fish was last seen fleeing for it's life, so I'm pretty sure that will be a goner. And our poor shrimp was being cornered by the aggressors.

I called Katie to let her know what was going on in the tank in case she got home before me. She's taking it well and even discussed with me what we should do with these two rowdy fish. She suggested we set up a 2nd tank, but that has officially been vetoed. She mentioned that we may have to just kill them. That made me laugh, I guess she doesn't feel bad for them since they ate all the other fish. JC wants to take them back to the store since they didn't mention that they were aggressive. I want to put them in a big bowl on the coffee table and see how they handle two cats. I think that JC is going to win this one though because his makes the most sense to me....although he did like my idea too. LOL

I can't wait to see how many fish we have when I get home. Sunday we had 10 fish and 5 shrimp. We are down right now to a confirmed 5 fish and 2 or 3 shrimp. I'm guessing by the time I get home 3 or 4 fish and possibly 0 shrimp. Guess it's back to the pet store....





5 comments:

Weebs said...

Have you thought about a parakeet?

Mary said...

Um, do you remember the last time there was a parakeet involved?

Not to mention we have a bird ban due to my allergies.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how life changes when simple bits of information are left out for the benefit of one and the suffering it causes to others.

Anonymous said...

Katie cracks me up thinking you may have to kill them! What a hoot! poor little fishies. At least she's handling it well. Though, she's a bit twisted, I don't think killer fish phase her much. :O

Libby said...

...if katie was REALLY twisted, she have said "Let's flush them, Mom!!"