Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back from Vacation

I'm sorry, the cheese went bad on the way home. It was way too hot back there and it cooked. Sorry. I'll bring a cooler next time.


I have some pictures of Katie fishing but I have to figure out how to get them out of JC's camera. My camera, having been fixed right before we left, died as soon as we got there. I tried to get pictures of her riding a horse, but cameras weren't allowed on the trail. But she definitely had fun riding a big horse for the first time. I was worried watching her (being on the horse right behind her) but didn't have too much time to worry about hers as mine was trying to break the world's slowest horse record...until it would decide to trot. Did I mention the bed we were on was possibly filled with bricks and my back was already annoyed with me? Trotting horses - do. not. help. I can't wait to go to bed tonight.


Oh, and I think I forgot to mention the bike riding. That was the night before the trotting horse. Do you know how long it has been since I've been on a bike? Eight years. Do you know what a bike seat feels like after not having been on one for eight years? A trotting horse. Did I mention that I was wearing open backed gym shoes on this trotting horse? Not a good idea. I am sore from my ankles to my neck. But I had fun! Somewhere in there... I think it was the fishing. I didn't hurt myself during the fishing. And luckily the shoulder that hurt from the horse - don't ask, I don't know how - was not my casting shoulder.


Okay, I'm going to go try to figure out JC's camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously thought I was reading something I wrote! LOL God you can tell we are related! LOL Glad you are back, want to hear all about it.

Libby said...

..."but cameras weren't allowed on the trail. But she definitely had fun riding"

this begs for a pinhole cam in a buttonhole, dontcha think?