Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wow

I can't believe that it's been so long since I posted anything on the blog.  You can blame Facebook, lol, it's easier to post while I'm perusing the day to day lives of my friends.  But I will update you now, and try to post more  often.  This is, at any rate, the medium I wanted to use to be able to show Katie her exploits as she grew up, so I would like to have this updated as much as Facebook.
So, a little catch up seems to be in order.  Katie has had a second band concert.  There was improvement, and I was remiss in posting anything here.  I'll have to fix that later.  

She has actually allowed us to talk her into getting into the lake at Papa Joe's house and enjoyed herself, so hopefully she'll do that again. :)   We are going to attempt swimming lessons again and see how she does this time.  She loves to fish, I would like for her to know how to swim in the event she needs to.

She just got a new bike and has attempted to ride it once.  Up and down the block twice with Daddy holding onto the seat.  By the end of the second run, she was frustrated and burst into tears.  That was the end of practice for that day.  Did you know that hormones start messing with a girl at the age of 9?  You didn't?  Well I can tell you that we have evidence that this is true.  I believe JC may be hiding for a few years.  I will write more about the bike when I post pics.

Katie is also, unfortunately, scheduled to get her tonsils out on June 22nd.  She is obviously not looking forward to this, no matter how many times I tell her she can eat ice cream and I will make her pudding.  Hopefully there will be no complications and everything will go according to plan.  Prayers would be appreciated.

This is not a full recap of February to June, but I did the best I could.  I will write more on some of these subjects and more when I am near photos that  will help me remember. LOL 

No comments: