Tuesday, July 25, 2006

At work with Katie

Yesterday Katie went to work with me. We are just now recovering. We moved my office on Friday, so this was a new area for her to explore. Luckily we had no one from outside the office coming in yesterday because she had taken over. Amidst the boxes I set up my wipe board for her and let her go with the markers. She did quite a bit of artwork complete with her name. I should take the camera tomorrow and take a picture of it.

She also had brought her barbies - naked of course, stuffed animals and a dinosaur. She set them up around the conference room table but left one seat for herself and one for - my boss. She then convinced him to have a meeting. Apparently had a lot to tell him about her cousin Patrick and how he was killing off the pets. I personally think Patrick is getting a bad rap, it was one pet and I don't know that Patrick had anything to do with it, but I'm investigating.

She also made my bosses office the place where the "bad" animals had to go for a time out. Luckily my boss is great with kids and his daughter is on vacation with his wife so he needed a kid fix. I guess it could have been worse. She could have started talking about sleeping attire. Ahem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Louis have time for the meeting? That's funny. So, what about Patrick killing animals?????? (BTW - would be dying with laughter right now if she actually told him about sleeping attire!)

Anonymous said...

Wow Mary! You really took a risk there. She could have ratted you out BIG time. Sounds like she had a good time though. I wish more bosses would let kids come to work with their mom or dad. Although, Cheyanne has a tendancy to tell things she shouldn't. I always tell her what my mom used to say to me. "You don't have tell everything you know". Doesn't always work, but she likes it when I tell her stories about grandma.

Libby said...

HAHA!! sleeping attire...that's ok...tif still does that at age 22!