Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hello All

Okay, this post is more of an update on me, which I never do, then one on Katie. I'm sure that one of those will be coming soon. I'm afraid if it doesn't Christine may try to hunt me down. :)

As Katie has been requesting a sibling for some time now, I'm beginning to believe that she would like a baby sister - or brother - but if she had her way..... We have been trying, and anyone that knows me IRL knows that we have been battling secondary infertility. We have decided recently to look into domestic infant adoption. I'm not planning on telling Katie any of this until there's something positive and permanent to tell her, but I did mention a while ago that if God wasn't giving us a baby we would think about adopting. I'm just not sure she completely got it, but she probably did and just doesn't remember. You know, that selective hearing that children - and men - seem to have.

We are also going to talk to my doctor about one more thing we can try medically, but the waiting list for that could be as long as an adoption, so I'm not holding my breath.

So, I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't forgotten about you. I'm just spending more time when I'm on the internet researching than I am blogging. But I promise a new Katie post soon. I hear she has a surprise for me on Mother's Day so I'm sure I'll be posting something then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary, You know who you can talk to if you need to about secondary infertility or adoption....Me, your cousin. Although, I know my situation was different than yours. You can email me or call me if you want. I'm here for you. I also understand the issue of large age gap between sibs. But then again so would your sister Lisa. I wish you all the best in whatever direction you go in.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had to come look since you told me you posted. I won't comment on this one since we discuss this off-line - soooo, I LOVE Katie's denim outfit! I want the boots too! I need to be smaller so I can wear the cute stuff! LOL Oh, and her and JC look just adorable together!

Libby said...

mary-you KNOW you have my best wishes, whatever way it goes!!