Thursday, September 22, 2005

My little storm tracker

For those of you who don't know me well, I love storms. Way more than a normal person, I would love to chase tornados (with the experts - I'm not completely crazy). I have loved watching the footage of Katrina itself (not the aftermath) and I'm amazed by how powerful the forces of nature can be.
I found out last night when I got home that my daughter has been watching Rita's progression. I have not mentioned it to her, watched the weather reports with her or anything else. I'm not sure how this came about. Last night she was crying because she didn't want to go to bed and in a very tearful plea she said, "I want to watch the weather!"
The fact that I did not roll over laughing at this request is a tribute to how well I've learned to hide my true feelings when my daughter cracks me up. I can't wait for her father to hear about this. I can see his eyes rolling now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it I love it I love it! Ok, so when she gets older, the three of us can do that stormtracker vacation in Oklahoma!

Libby said...

she's GREAT!! I can't even get Tiff to watch the news about this!! she's a little "fluffy", if ya know what i mean... maybe Katie-bug can teach her something!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

kimmyk said...

I want to chase tornadoes from Tx to Oklahoma. They're my biggest fear...