Sunday, July 01, 2007

Loose Tooth (Post #2 of the day)

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but Katie has a loose tooth. Her first. It was a little loose a few weeks ago, but I stopped hearing about it and since it was barely moving, I forgot about it. Well, it is now very loose and you can see the other tooth growing in behind it. And it seems very big to me. Like, I'm thinking a second baby tooth is going to have to come out to make way for that new tooth.

Katie has decided that she would really like to have a piece of string wrapped around it and then a doorknob ... you know the drill. Why she would want to do this willingly, I'm not sure. I would much rather take Nana's advice and eat an Oreo. Apparently that has worked on me. Cookies 3... Okay, now I'm hungry for cookies.

She has told everyone that she has seen about this loose tooth. She's quite excited... Umm, by the way, does anyone know what a tooth is going for these days? I think I'm going to be contacting that tooth fairy soon.... Fairy Tooth

I wish there were some oreos around here.....





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In our house the going rate for a loose tooth started at $1 and then went up to $2. I also got some sparkly fairy dust and sprinkle it on the money as well as Cheyanne's pillow. I think by seeing in movies or on tv a loose being yanked out with string and a door knob looks rather cool. Unfortunatly, it is not as fun as it looks. The Oreo sounds a lot more fun and yummy at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm really behind. I haven't been checking. She told me about her loose tooth too! I told her to be sure she saves it cuz its worth alot of money! :P

Mary said...

Thanks Becky, when I don't give her what she thinks it's worth I'll send her your way. :D

Debbie, I love the sparkly fairy dust idea. I'm definitely going to have to try that.

Weebs said...

I think the tooth fairy should pay at least $5.00 for a tooth. After all the minimum wage did go up and a tooth coming out is traumatic. Let's see at $5.00 a tooth and how many teeth will she loose?